Who doesn’t love the combination of sweet and salty? Chocolate covered pretzels fill the need. The smooth creamy decadence of chocolate followed by the saltiness and crunch of the pretzel-delightful! Of course it is the holiday season so why not have fun with it! If you loved the M&M Chocolate Bark featured on this blog earlier this year, then you will love this holiday variation!
Decoration Time: 10 min.
Yield: Makes 14 antlers.
1 3/4 cups DOVE® Chocolate
3/4 cup M&M’S® Brand MINIS®
1 bag pretzel sticks, broken into various sized pieces
1. Remove 3/4 cup red and green M&M’S® Brand MINIS® and set aside for decoration.
2. Line a baking sheet with Parchment Paper.
3. Melt the DOVE® Chocolate in a bowl set over a saucepan of boiling water. Stir the mixture as it melts. When mixture is shiny and smooth, turn off the heat.
4. Once all the chocolate is melted, dip the pretzel pieces one at a time and arrange them on the prepared baking sheet into an antler shape. Place the M&M’S® Brand MINIS® on each antler as it is finished.
5. Repeat this same process until all the antlers are finished.
6. Let the chocolate cool completely and get firm. You can refrigerate to firm the chocolate more quickly.
7. Once firm, remove them from the Parchment Paper.
8. If desired, wrap each one in a sheet of cellophane, tied with a ribbon or simply put them on a cookie plate.
Tip: Add red M&M’S® Brand MINIS® to form the red nose.
Click here to order your M&M’s® Brand MINIS® and DOVE® Chocolate now!
This year the Christmas season seems to have barrelled down upon us. The stores barely had their Halloween décor stored away or their Turkeys & Pilgrims displayed before Rudolf & Santa made their first appearances. For me it doesn’t feel like Chrismas without my yearly ritural. I need to wait until we have at least exhausted the Thanksgiving leftovers so I can start baking a few batches of holiday cookies-have to make sure we have some for Santa! MMMM Sugar Cookie Holiday Lights with M&M® or Peanut Butter Blossoms and a nice cup of cocoa-now we’re talking! Then to really bring on the holiday spirit I need to sit in front of the twinkling Christmas tree with my family and watch National Lampoon’s A Christmas Vacation (the squirrel in the Christmas tree!) and A Christmas Story (You’ll shoot your eye out!)…now I’m feeling it! What goodies and movies get you in the holiday spirit?
M&M’s Sugar Cookie Holiday Lights Recipe (pictured above)
Prep Time: 10 min.
Bake Time: 45 min.
Yield: Makes 24 cookies.
2/3 cup flour
1 18 oz. roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
1½ cups prepared vanilla frosting
3 cups M&M’S® Milk Chocolate Candies Holiday Blend
4 strands red licorice laces
Resealable plastic bags
Christmas light shaped cookie cutter (small)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Knead the flour into the cookie dough until smooth.
3. Roll the dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. By hand, or using a Christmas light cookie cutter, cut out shapes.
4. With a spatula, gently transfer the cookies to a baking sheet. Using a drinking straw, press a hole at the top of each cookie.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
6. Separate different colors of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies, and set aside.
7. Spread vanilla frosting on top of each cookie. Arrange a solid color of M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies on top of each cookie.
8. Let the cookies dry for 30 minutes. Run licorice laces through each hole, connecting the cookies into one continuous strand.
9. Tip for a quicker and lighter version: Tint frosting to match the M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies. Frost the cookies and then decorate with color coordinated M&M’S® Brand Minis Chocolate Candies.
Don’t miss out on our Deal of the Month! Supplies are limited for our exclusive S’mores Kit. Everything you need all in one package for only $11.00! Now that’s a steal! Enjoy a camp fire with a classic S’more. Our kits are better, because we have JUMBO Marshmallows for an extra messy, extra gooey (the way we like it) treat! Your family and friends will love you!
Place an order with us today at http://www.candycentral.com/featured/summer-time-s-mores-kit.html.
Preheat oven to 350; smoosh 1.5 squares of break-apart refrigerated cookie dough into the bottom of each well. place reese cup upside down on top of cookie dough (or an oreo!). top with prepared box brownie mix, filling 3/4 full. bake for 18 minutes! heaven.
enough pretzel sticks to just cover the bottom of an 8 X 8 pan
30 or so caramels (I use Kraft caramels)
1 Tbsp cream (or whole milk)
1 1/4 cup chocolate chips
1 – 2 cups mini M & M’s
Line an 8 X 8 inch pan with parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray.
Spread out a layer of pretzel sticks, enough to cover the bottom of the prepared pan.
In a small, microwave safe bowl, stir caramels with the cream and heat, in 15 – 20 second intervals in the microwave, stirring until smooth.
Carefully spread the caramel on top of the pretzels.
In a small, microwave safe bowl, heat chocolate chips in microwave, stirring after every 10 – 15 seconds or so until smooth. (Be careful not to overheat or chocolate will seize.)
Spread over caramel layer.
Sprinkle with mini M & M’s and lightly press into chocolate. (I put 1 to 2 cups of mini M & M’s because you can use as many or as little as you want.)
Chill in fridge until solid, about an hour or two.
You can either cut it with a knife dipped in hot water OR simply break up with your hands.
A couple of good things about this recipe:
1. No oven involved (yay!)
2. Sooooooo easy
3. So so so tasty
4. You can use what you have on hand and sub out the ingredients. ie: don’t have pretzel sticks? Break up the bendy pretzels or use chopped nuts. Don’t have chocolate chips? use a chopped up chocolate bar. Don’t have mini M&M’s? Use any candy or nuts you have. The only thing you really need to have is the caramels BUT, if you are so inclined, you can make your own.
Seeeeeeee…you can still have yummy treats without completely melting in the heat.